Saturday, August 13, 2011

Shopping at the Salvatore Ferragamo Souvenir Shop



Today we went to the Salvatore Ferragamo museum that was conviniently located right next to my hotel. I must say, it was the best museum I visited this year, hands down. They had endless glass showcases of his different shoe designs. Thy didn't allow photography which was a big let down though. In the back was a mini movie theater that showed endless reels of black and white clips from the thirties and forties. My favorite shoe was the one designed for Marylin Monroe. It was black and had peekaboo hot pink from the inside. All over the shoe, there were little oval cutout making your foot a little visible. With an enormous ipad that was the size of my arm span that they had, I learned about his inventions, designs, materials, and hollywood customers. I love that he beleived in shoes that were cute AND comfy. Not all fashionistas have to walk in pain!
My purchase! Lots of original shoes that can be found in the store!


Overall, there was a lot of money put into building and it was very nice. I think they do this exhibition every year in the summer, so if u have a chance I really recommend it!





 

my favorite shoe from the museum
      (My aunt got this in orange)