Friday, August 19, 2011

Gerard Depardieu

When we got on the plane in Florence, my aunt and grandma quickly suspected that the man that just got on the plane was Gerard Depardieu. Although skeptical, they kept to themselves. When we reached baggage in Paris, a lady helping us with baggage confirmed the facts. She told us that he often travels and he isn't a rare sight. I had no idea who he was, but my aunt kept emphasizing how big of a deal he was. She told me that I should go ask him for a picture but at first I was too shy. After five minutes of mental back and forth, telling myself now or never, I stirred up the courage to ask him for a photograph. He was reluctant, and said yes but to make it quick. My aunt snapped a photo of the two of us and we parted. He did keep it real when he picked up his own baggage, props to him. 



Depardieu is a french actor and film maker.  He had the lead role of Cyrano de Bergerac when he won a nomination for an Academy Award. Amongst many other nominations and American awards, he has won the césar award for best actor also. Read more about him on wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%A9rard_Depardieu