Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tornabuoni Beacci

  
This guy made the best coffee for us every morning. He even made me an iced coffee and it wasn't on the menu!


   


Some pictures from the beautiful hotel, Tornabuoni Beacci, which is where I stayed in Florence. The hotel had a great location; apparently, it is a historic building on Via Tornabuoni, Florence's most well known fashion street. When I asked the front desk if there was an historical information about the building (my grandmother wanted to know) he told me that it was built two years ago. Shocked, I looked at him quizzically and in great disbelief. The walls of the hotel were faded and some paintings were sun bleached; I thought that they must've gone through a whole lot of trouble to make it look so antique. After a little thinking, he laughed at my questioning face, and told me that the building was over a hundred years old. I laughed at myself - how could I be so naïve to believe him? Embarrassed and a bit flustered, I left the hotel for a stroll in the city.

V sorry for the weird colors, I can't seem to fix it :(

From the hotel website:
The Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci with its heirloom furnishings, refined elegance and modern comforts is a charming and enchanting location on Florence’s most elegant shopping street, the Via de’ Tornabuoni. The hotel consists of two Renaissance palaces, the Palazzo Minerbetti and the Palazzo Strozzi del Poeta, two unique buildings in the heart of Florence’s artistic and historical centre, close to the Ponte Vecchio bridge, the Uffizi Art Gallery and the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore with Brunelleschi’s famous dome and Giotto’s belfry.





                                
           360˚ view from a few feet outside the hotel. Tiffany and Burberry are the hotels' neighbors, Pucci its' front yard. Can't wait to see what's down the road!